There are two foods I love more than anything in the world: ice cream and pizza. This healthy veggie tortilla pizza is one of my favorite recipes of all time because it still gives you the delicious taste and texture of pizza, but without all the carbs and calories!
You can use any type of tortilla you choose – my personal favorite is Mission’s low carb tortillas. You can find low carb tortillas at most grocery stores.
My favorite toppings are below, but of course you’re welcome to add peppers, mushrooms, or any other healthy veggie of your choice.
|Veggie Tortilla Pizza|| |
- 1 tortilla
- 4 zucchini slices
- 4 yellow squash slices
- 6 tomato slices
- 6 baby spinach leaves
- ½ tbsp white onion, diced
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese or dairy-free mozzarella
- ¼ tsp olive oil
- Garlic powder, sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush a light layer of olive oil onto the tortilla, then season with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Top the tortilla with zucchini, squash, tomato, spinach and onion, distributing evenly.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until tortilla starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the tortilla with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for another 3-5 minutes until tortilla is crisp and cheese has melted.
- Slice into quarters.