One of the reasons many of us struggle with maintaining a clean diet is lack of time. Daily meal preparation can be extremely time consuming, which I think is why a lot of us end up purchasing store-bought food – because it’s faster and easier than slaving in the kitchen after a long day of work.
These egg frittata muffins are the perfect solution if you’re looking for healthy, homemade breakfast on the go. They’re packed with vegetables and protein, easy to make, and you can make a large quantity and store them in fridge for a simple breakfast to bring with you to work, or for a quick bite before you head out to start your day.
|Egg Frittata Muffins|| |
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tbsp green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp spinach leaves, chopped
- Sea salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- 2 tbsp part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese and 2 tbsp diced tomato, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the eggs and goat cheese in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine the egg mix and diced vegetables in a mixing bowl. Season with garlic powder, sea salt and pepper, and stir well.
- Pour egg mix into a lightly greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until top of eggs are firm.
- Top the muffins with a handful of part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese and place back in the oven for a minute until the cheese melts, then garnish with diced tomato.