During my cooking experiments, I’ve found that the simplest recipes are often the hardest ones to perfect. The two recipes I had the hardest time with were berry muffins and chocolate chip cookies. I try to use minimal flour and minimal sugar in my recipes to create healthier versions, but I found that both recipes tended to lack the flavor and texture I was looking for.
A few weeks ago, a friend of mine told me about a recipe for sweet potato peanut butter cookies, but because it was a Paleo recipe, it was made with peanut butter powder that she said left the cookies mushy in the middle. So I decided to play around it and added oats, protein powder, chocolate chips, maple syrup and a few spices, and… voila! Sweet potato chocolate chip protein cookies!
They were so good, I ended up eating them 3 nights in a row.
|Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies|| |
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel sweet potato and slice into chunks.
- Fill a pot with water and boil sweet potato slices until soft. Strain and set aside.
- Grind oats in blender or food processor until they have a flour-like consistency.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour small circles of cookie mix onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Leave A Comment