I am a coconut addict. Which is great when it comes to clean eating because you can use coconut milk and coconut oil for SO MANY THINGS. Including this delicious coconut ice cream recipe!
For my homemade ice cream, I use Hamilton Beach’s half-pint ice cream maker that I bought on Amazon for only $20: Hamilton Beach 68661 Half Pint Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker
It’s super easy to use, and most of the time, I don’t even use the plug-in churner. I just pour the ice cream mixture in the bowl, place it in the freezer for a few minutes, take it out and stir it, then repeat. The ice cream freezes quickly and is usually done in about 15-20 minutes. Best investment ever.
|Toasted Coconut Ice Cream|| |
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Stir coconut milk and coconut sugar in a pan over low heat until sugar has melted.
- Combine coconut milk, coconut cream, coconut sugar, liquid sweetener and ¼ cup shredded coconut in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- If using an ice cream maker, pour mixture into ice cream bowl and churn until frozen.
- If using the freezer method, pour mixture into a large bowl and place in the freezer for 10-20 minutes, remove and stir, scraping the sides of the bowl, then place back in freezer and repeat until ice cream is completely frozen.
- While ice cream is freezing, add 1 tsp coconut oil and ¼ cup shredded coconut to a skillet and stir over medium heat until coconut has browned.
- Top ice cream with toasted coconut and garnish with your favorite toppings of choice.
My personal favorite toppings:
– Cacao nibs (my own healthy version of Mounds bar ice cream!)
– Tropical fruits: mangos and pineapples
– Berries: strawberries and raspberries