This recipe is super easy and only requires 3 ingredients! (All raw!) For those of you who love ice cream, mango honey sorbet is a great healthy, delicious substitute. (If you’re a vegan, feel free to substitute agave nectar or pure maple syrup for the honey.)
For this recipe, it’s best to use an ice cream maker. If you don’t have one, and you’re serious about healthy living yet can’t imagine ever giving up ice cream altogether, then I’d definitely recommend investing in one.
I bought this little half-pint Hamilton ice cream maker on Amazon for $20, and it’s super easy to use:
Hamilton Beach 68661 Half Pint Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker
You can also use frozen mango chunks if you don’t have an ice cream maker. Just be sure to blend the honey and milk together before adding the frozen mango, otherwise the honey will freeze and clump together. I recommend freezing the mango yourself instead of using a store-bought bag of frozen mango chunks – it always seems to taste fresher and sweeter!
|Raw Mango Honey Sorbet - Only 3 Ingredients!|| |
- 2 sliced mangoes, skinned and pitted (or 2 cups frozen mango chunks)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp raw honey, melted
- If using an ice cream maker, combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth, then pour mixture into ice cream bowl and churn until frozen.
- If using frozen mangoes, blend coconut milk and honey together in a blender, then add frozen mango chunks and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle with additional honey as desired.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings of choice.
[…] You can see the full recipe here: Raw Honey Mango Sorbet […]
Would it not work if you used a blender then placed into the freezer for freezing?
That will work as well, it just takes longer to freeze. The ice cream bowls have a steel interior that freezes the mixture very quickly.