This quinoa tabbouleh salad is a little different from your average tabbouleh because:
A) I use quinoa instead of bulgur for it’s nutritional values. (Low glycemic, gluten-free packed with fiber!)
B) I use chopped spinach instead of parsley, and add diced cucumbers and crumbled goat cheese for additional flavor.
C) I like to serve it with a side of pita chips and use it as a dip!
|Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad|| |
Recipe type: Lunch
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- ½ cup tomato, diced
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- ½ cup spinach leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp white onion, diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine ½ cup uncooked quinoa with 3 cups of water in a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until quinoa is soft.
- Once quinoa is cooked, transfer to a bowl and stir in the vegetables, lemon juice and olive oil, then season with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Top with goat cheese and serve with a side of pita chips.
Serving size: 2 Calories: 280 Fat: 14g Carbohydrates: 27g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 159mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 9g
Nutrition Facts do not include pita chips.
[…] also like to turn side dishes into dips (like in my Quinoa Tabbouleh recipe.) And this hot cheesy broccoli dip is the perfect way to pair up a side of broccoli and […]