Have you ever had chocolate peanut butter Luna bars? Well now you can make your own rice crispy protein bars at home, with only 5 ingredients!
I recommend using brown rice crispies for a healthier version, but if that isn’t available to you, regular rice crispy cereal works just fine. Barbara’s and Nature’s Path make a whole grain brown crispy rice cereal that can be found at most grocery stores.
As quick and easy as it is to grab a bunch of protein bars at the store, I love making my own at home, since the cost tends to add up. This recipe makes 4 bars at a time.
Personally, I love the bars with just the peanut butter flavor, but if you want to add a homemade chocolate layer, you can stir 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp melted coconut oil, 1 tbsp pure maple syrup and 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter together until combined, then dip bars in chocolate and freeze for 10 minutes.
|Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Protein Bars|| || |
- 2 cups brown rice crispy cereal
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, stir peanut butter, sweetener and vanilla extract together until combined, then add cereal and protein powder and stir again until all rice crispies are coated.
- Line a baking sheet or plate with parchment paper and pour mixture onto the paper.
- Press down on mixture with a spoon, then mold the outer edges with the spoon so it makes a giant rectangle shape.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden.
- Once the mixture has hardened, remove from fridge and slice into four rectangles.
- Store in refrigerator.