I can’t even begin to stress the amount of healthy goodness in a green smoothie. I like to start off my mornings with this mango banana spinach smoothie, packed with fiber, protein and lots of vitamins.
I added ginger as an optional ingredient, as not everyone has a knack for spice. If you’re a ginger fan, my advice would be to boil ginger tea and keep it in the fridge for more potency.
(For instructions on how to make homemade ginger tea, click HERE.)
|Mango Banana Spinach Smoothie|| |
Recipe type: Smoothie, Beverage
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- ½ sliced mango, skin removed
- ½ sliced apple, skin removed
- ½ banana
- ¼ cucumber, skin removed
- ¼ cup coconut water
- 1 cup ice
- Optional: ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt (for a protein boost), and 1 inch ginger knob, skin removed (for a spicy kick)
- Combine all ingredients except for ice in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add ice and blend until ice is crushed.
[…] Previous Next […]
[…] also make a mango banana spinach smoothie every morning with ginger (you can find the recipe here: Super Green Smoothie) for two reasons: 1) You should always eat fruit in the morning because it’s the easiest food to […]
[…] to make kale juice for a quick, easy healthy snack. (You can find my green smoothie recipe here: Super Green Smoothie) I primarily use spinach leaves, but you’re welcome to throw in some kale as well for a fiber […]