I can’t believe I went my whole life without knowing how easy it is to make your own chocolate. And of course, after learning this, my first impulse was to make my childhood favorite candy – Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!
Sorry Reese’s, but these homemade peanut butter cups are so much better! They’re vegan, gluten-free, completely clean, and of course, delicious!
Because we’re making the chocolate with coconut oil, the cups need to be stored in the fridge or freezer so they don’t melt. (I like mine frozen!)
|Homemade Peanut Butter Cups|| |
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp coconut milk
- 4 tbsp raw unsalted peanut butter
- Dash of sea salt, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil and coconut palm sugar over low heat, then stir in coconut milk, cocoa powder and sea salt until smooth.
- Pour 1 tbsp of chocolate mix into 4 baking cups, then place in freezer for about 20 minutes until chocolate is solid.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on top of chocolate in each cup, then place back in freezer for another 10 minutes until butter has hardened.
- Pour 1 tbsp chocolate on top of butter, then place in freezer again until top layer is solid.