This dairy-free homemade Nutella only contain 5 ingredients and is completely clean. Normally, Nutella is made with hazelnuts, but I used peanut butter in this recipe for a few reasons. The first reason is that, I can’t find hazelnut butter anywhere. The second reason is that, although most recipes recommend making your own hazelnut butter, it requires a food processor. And not everyone has a food processor.
If you have a food processor, you’re welcome to grind hazelnuts for several minutes until they form a butter and use that in place of peanut butter. But if you don’t, feel free to use regular peanut butter. Trust me, it still tastes delicious!
I love spreading this on a slice of sprouted grain bread with either bananas or strawberries and sliced almonds. This recipe contains ingredients for 1-2 servings of Nutella, mainly because I don’t trust myself with a whole jar!
|Homemade Nutella (Vegan, GF)|| |
- 1 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter, softened
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, add coconut oil and peanut butter and microwave for about 30 seconds until coconut oil is melted and peanut butter is soft.
- Add cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract to bowl and stir until combined.
- Serve immediately or store at room temperature.