I just made my first batch of homemade granola yesterday, and it is SO easy to make! Granola is something that I always want to buy in stores, but it’s hard to find a brand that doesn’t have a ton of added sugar.
This healthy homemade granola only takes about 20 minutes to make, and requires about 7 ingredients – mainly oats, almonds, pure maple syrup, flour, coconut oil, and whatever extras you want to add on (sunflower or pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, raisins, etc.) Just be sure not to overcook it, or it will lose flavor.
|Homemade Healthy Granola|| |
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 tbsp raisins
- Dash of sea salt and cinnamon, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix oats, almonds, shredded coconut, seeds, flour, salt, and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Mix the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla together and stir until smooth.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the oat mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- If adding raisins, stir in raisins after granola cools.
- Store in an airtight container.