I’m pretty sure my life changed the day I discovered that I could make my own chocolate at home. With only three ingredients.
My kitchen is always stocked with coconut oil, cocoa powder, coconut butter and sweetener, so I can whip up a homemade chocolate snack when I have a craving. (Peanut butter works too if you don’t have any coconut butter.)
These homemade chocolate covered cherries are ridiculously easy to make, but such a great healthy snack! Store-bought chocolate cherries are loaded with preservatives and a bit too sweet for my taste, but these homemade cherries are all-natural, raw, vegan, and only require five ingredients.
I’m a big fan of curling up on the couch at night with a plate of munchies, and this is one of my favorite guilt-free snacks. You can also substitute the cherries for strawberries if you prefer!
|Homemade Chocolate Covered Cherries|| |
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp sweetener (pure maple syrup, agave or coconut palm sugar)
- Fresh cherries
- Sea salt for seasoning
- In a mixing bowl, combine cocoa powder, coconut oil, sweetener and salt and stir well.
- Dip each cherry in the chocolate sauce and place on a plate lined with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer for 5-10 minutes until the chocolate has completely hardened.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until serving.