A cup of flavored coffee is a must to start my day. I don’t like the taste of plain coffee, and even adding a splash of chocolate soy milk wasn’t doing it justice. After tiring of french vanilla and hazelnut flavors, I decided to whip up my own frappuccinos and caramel macchiatos at home, and much to my surprise, they tasted just like the Starbucks version! And the best part is, they’ll save you close to $4 a drink, and a trip to the coffee shop.
For this homemade caramel macchiato recipe, I use date caramel that’s naturally sweetened, light soy milk, and optional coconut whipped cream for an all-natural, vegan, dairy-free treat.
|Skinny Caramel Macchiato Recipe (Dairy-Free, Vegan)|| |
Recipe type: Drinks, Beverage
- 1 cup coffee
- ½ cup light soy milk
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp agave nectar or pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of sea salt, to taste
- Optional: Dollop of whipped cream for topping
- For date caramel: Boil dates in a pot filled with 1-2 inches of water for 2-3 minutes until soft. Remove pits.
- In a blender, blend dates with ¼ cup water, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tbsp agave and a dash of sea salt until smooth. Set aside.
- Brew 1 cup of strong coffee, stir in 1 tsp of vanilla extract, and set aside.
- Place ½ cup soy milk in a separate cup and microwave until warm.
- In a large coffee mug, combine the coffee, soy milk, and date caramel and stir well.
- Top macchiato with whipped cream if desired.
Leave A Comment