In high school, my friends and I used to buy coconut popsicles every day in the school cafeteria. They tasted just like these popsicles (minus the whole dairy-free, sugar-free element.)
I recently remembered these pops and realized how easy they’d be to make, considering I make most of my homemade ice cream with coconut milk. Add in a few dates, shredded coconut, and a few tablespoons of sweetener and voila! Homemade coconut popsicles!
I have a HUGE sweet tooth, so I’m a big fan of making healthy snacks at home, but this also requires investing in a few handy products. So for this, you’ll need a popsicle mold, which you can purchase online for around $10-$12. (I also love the different colored ones like these!)
Just make sure that when the popsicles are frozen, you run the mold under hot water so they pop out easily.
You’re also welcome to substitute agave nectar or raw honey for the maple syrup if you prefer. ( Or omit the sweetener altogether and add more dates!)
Here’s the link to my step-by-step video tutorial: DIY Homemade Coconut Popsicles
|Coconut Popsicles (Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free, Vegan)|| |
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 medjool dates
- Fill a pot with about an inch of water, add dates, and bring to a boil.
- Boil dates in water for 2-3 minutes until soft. Remove pits.
- In a blender or food processor, combine coconut milk, shredded coconut, maple syrup and pitted dates.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle mold and freeze overnight.
- Before removing popsicles from mold, run mold under hot water for 10 seconds.