I follow a lot of food blogger Instagram accounts, and I find myself gravitating towards the pages that contain the most photos of smoothie bowls. It’s not that smoothie bowls are difficult to make, I just love the pictures. It’s like making your breakfast a beautiful work of art. And it inspires me to eat more fruit! And healthy breakfast meals! If a meal looks gorgeous, I’m eating it.
I came up with this chocolate covered cherry smoothie bowl because… well… I love chocolate covered cherries. I eat a lot of other berries on a consistent basis, but I always tend to overlook the cherries. But the sweet flavor of the frozen banana combined with the tartness of the cherry is pure perfection.
The bowl includes protein powder and Greek yogurt for a protein boost, but those on a vegan diet are welcome to use dairy-free coconut yogurt.
Cheers to a light healthy breakfast that tastes just like ice cream!
|Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie Bowl|| |
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ large frozen banana
- ½ cup cherries, pitted (or berries of choice)
- ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Fruit topping of choice
- Combine frozen banana, cherries (or berries of choice), yogurt, protein powder, and milk in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. (Add extra milk if needed to blend more smoothly.)
- Add ice and blend again until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add chia seeds and stir.
- Top smoothie bowl with shredded coconut, cacao nibs, and additional fruit or topping of choice.
- Serve immediately.