I have a similar cocktail posted on this blog for a Blueberry Vodka Fizz, but this one is a bit different, as it also contains fresh squeezed lemon juice, and uses berry flavored seltzer water. For those of you who prefer the taste of blackberries, this one’s for you!
When I was preparing cocktails to add to my cookbook, I wanted to add this one, but had a difficult time photographing it (drinks are very hard to photograph), so I trudged over to my friend’s house, cocktail ingredients in hand, and she took this photo for me. (Thanks Christina!)
I was just proof reading my book and realized that I never added this recipe to my actual website, so here it is! Enjoy!
|Blackberry Fizz Cocktail|| |
- ¼ cup fresh blackberries, plus a handful for garnish
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 shot blackberry flavored vodka (1.5 oz.)
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 cup berry flavored seltzer water
- 1 cup ice
- Blend blackberries in a blender until pureed, then add to cocktail glass.
- Add lemon juice, vodka and agave nectar to cocktail glass and stir well.
- Add soda water and stir again, then add ice.
- Garnish with a handful of fresh blackberries.