This is one my favorite adult milkshakes, except it’s made with light coconut milk and medjool dates instead of ice cream! I generally use one date, but feel free to throw in an extra if you want a little more caramel flavor.
This shake is a great summer cocktail, and dangerously good!
When I was preparing my cookbook, there were a few lingering photos that I just couldn’t seem to get right, most of them being drink photos. So props to my friend Christina for taking this great picture!
|Banana Rum Shake|| |
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 shot rum (1.5 oz.)
- 1-2 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- Dash of cinnamon, to taste
- Optional: whipped cream, for topping
- Soak dates in hot water for 2-3 minutes until soft. Remove pits.
- Add all ingredients to a blender, sprinkle with cinnamon, and blend until smooth. (Add a few ice cubes if you need a more frozen consistency.)
- Top with whipped cream if desired and sprinkle with an additional dash of cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.