I’ve been on a corn kick lately. It started a few weeks ago when I had the most incredible corn tamales at a local Mexican restaurant. Then last weekend, a friend of mine hosted a party and made a spicy creamy corn dip for one of the snacks. I don’t think I left the food table the entire time. (And I will no doubt be posting that recipe in the near future!)
A few weeks ago, I was running low on groceries, and tried to see if I could concoct an easy corn chowder recipe with the little ingredients that I had. Most recipes call for vegetable broth and other ingredients, but I tested it out with just coconut milk, corn, potatoes, onions and spices. And it was a success!
So next time you’re running low on groceries, here’s a quick and easy recipe that you can whip up with only 4 ingredients. It’s also great paired with a mango goat cheese salad.
|4-Ingredient Corn Chowder|| |
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 can sweet whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp yellow onion, diced
- Garlic powder, sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the coconut milk, corn, potatoes and onion in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Season with garlic powder, sea salt and pepper.