I published a post recently on my favorite keto brands, which includes everything from keto bread, bagels and pasta to keto-friendly chocolate and sweeteners.
So now that we have the keto-friendly ingredients, what recipes do we make with them?
As a vegetarian, high-protein diets can be a little tricky, but they’re not as hard as you think! And I have to say, since I cut way back on my sugar and carb intake, I feel sooo much better! (Goodbye carb bloat!)
I’ve included a list of my favorite 10 easy keto-friendly vegetarian recipes below. Some are new recipes that include the low-carb products I’ve mentioned, others are recipes I’ve linked on this site that are keto-friendly.
The list includes recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers and dessert (which is, in my opinion, the most important meal!) I even threw in a bonus dessert recipe for good measure. 🙂
1. Veggie Egg Muffins: This is one of my favorite breakfast recipes made with egg, cheese and veggies. It’s an easy high-protein, low-carb recipe to whip up, especially if you’re on the go.
2. Coconut Wrap Crepes: For these, you’ll want to purchase coconut wraps from Amazon or your local grocery store if they carry them. (Most Walmart stores also carry them.) Coconut wraps are a great low-carb, low-sugar option!
For these breakfast crepes, I like to add strawberries and top them with either low-sugar yogurt (Siggi’s is a great brand with only 4g sugar), or homemade chocolate sauce (melt a few squares of Lily’s chocolate with 1 tbsp coconut oil.) It’s a great breakfast to satisfy those with a sweet tooth (like me) minus the sugar!
4. Boca Chik’n Patty Sandwich: This is my go-to daily lunch meal. You can purchase these vegetarian patties at your local grocery store. (The Boca patties have way less net carbs than other vegetarian brands.) I make these with Thin Slim Foods Zero-Carb Bread (also available at Amazon) and top it with vegan mayo, tomato, pickles and iceberg lettuce. Yum!
5. Zucchini Pizza Boats: These are great for dinner, or as an appetizer!
6. Stuffed Mushrooms: Did you know mushrooms are a great source of protein? And this easy recipe only contains 3 ingredients!
8. Tortilla Pizzas: For this recipe, you’ll want to use a low-carb tortilla. I buy the carb-count tortillas at my grocery store, which only have 5 net carbs, but you can also find low carb tortillas on Amazon.
9. Boca beef stir-fry: For this recipe, I purchase the Boca veggie crumbles at my local grocery store and make a stir-fry with bell peppers, tomatoes, onions and cheese (and corn is a great addition if you’re not on a strict keto diet!) The crumbles taste just like real beef! (You can also make tacos with them too with a low-carb tortilla!)
10. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: Mint Chip is my favorite ice cream and I’m so happy I can make it at home now! I recently purchased this Allulose sweetener on Amazon and you can use this instead of monkfruit sweetener also. It’s a natural sweetener that is absorbed by the body but not metabolized, so it is actually sugar-free.
Bonus Dessert Recipe! You can blend frozen strawberries with a dash of low-sugar yogurt and unsweetened almond milk for a homemade strawberry frozen yogurt, and add Lily’s chocolate chips! (Or you can melt Lily’s chocolate with a dash of coconut oil and make chocolate covered strawberries!)
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions in this post are 100% my own.