One of the reasons many of us struggle with maintaining a clean diet is lack of time. Daily meal preparation can be extremely time consuming, which I think is why a lot of us end up purchasing store-bought food – because it’s faster and easier than slaving in the kitchen after a long day of work.
These egg frittata muffins are the perfect solution if you’re looking for healthy, homemade breakfast on the go. They’re packed with vegetables and protein, easy to make, and you can make a large quantity and store them in fridge for a simple breakfast to bring with you to work, or for a quick bite before you head out to start your day.
|Egg Frittata Muffins|| |
- 6 large eggs
- 4 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tbsp green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp onion, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped baby spinach leaves
- Sea salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese and 1 tbsp diced tomato for topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the egg and goat cheese in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine the egg mix and diced veggies in a mixing bowl. Add garlic powder, sea salt and pepper, and stir well.
- Empty the egg mix into muffin pan or baking cups. (If using muffin pan, grease the pan with non-stick oil.)
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until the top of eggs are firm.
- If desired, top the muffins with a handful of part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese and place back in the oven for a minute until the cheese melts, then garnish with diced tomato.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.