Sometimes, the simplest things in life are the best…
I love this veggie sandwich on whole wheat bagel thins (sandwich thins work too!) with Dijon mustard and a dash of Vegenaise.
You can also use hummus and make it a hummus sandwich, or use a whole wheat tortilla and make it a salad wrap. So many options!
|Veggie Dijon Sandwich|| |
- 2 slices whole wheat sandwich or bagel thins, or gluten-free bread
- 2 large tomato slices
- 5-6 cucumber slices
- ½ tbsp red onion, diced
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Vegenaise
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: ½ avocado, sliced
- Spread a layer of Dijon mustard and Vegenaise onto the bread.
- Layer with onions, arugula, tomato, cucumber and avocado (if using.)
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.