With hot summer days right around the corner, there’s nothing better than a cold ice cream sundae… except for a guilt-free ice cream sundae! This superfood sundae recipe is topped with cacao nibs, homemade cacao chocolate sauce, and your favorite fruit of choice. I used a few slices of banana and strawberry, and topped it with a handful of raspberries and a fresh red cherry. Some great additional toppings would be unsweetened shredded coconut or raw sliced almonds.
As someone with a huge sweet tooth, I’m always looking for healthy snacks (especially ice cream!) that don’t contain a ton of sugar, fat, or refined ingredients. On a recent shopping trip to Ralph’s, I discovered ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream – my new favorite guilt-free treat that’s not only high in protein and low in fat, but is also gluten-free, contains 35g of protein per container and no artificial ingredients, and is so delicious it’s hard to believe it’s healthy!
ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream comes in various flavors (vanilla bean, dutch chocolate, mint chip, coconut, dark chocolate toffee and blueberry pomegranate), so feel free to use whichever flavor you prefer for this superfood sundae. Personally, I love the mint chip and coconut, but they’re all pretty tasty 🙂
If you want to try them out, ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Creams are available nationwide at Kroger and other banner stores such as Fry’s and Ralph’s. You can use this store locator to find one near you. You can also use this online coupon to buy one get one free: Buy 1 ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream and Get 1 Free. It’s valid through 7/7, while supplies last.
|Superfood Sundae with ProYo Ice Cream!|| |
- 1 cup ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream
- ½ cup fruit of choice
- 1 tbsp cacao sauce (1 tsp cacao powder, 1 tsp pure maple syrup, ½ tsp melted coconut oil, ½ tsp peanut butter or Earth Balance non-dairy butter)
- ½ tbsp cacao nibs
- Optional toppings: ½ tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut or raw sliced almonds
- First, prepare the cacao sauce by adding 1 tsp cacao powder, 1 tsp pure maple syrup, ½ tsp melted coconut oil and ½ tsp butter of choice to a small bowl and stirring until smooth.
- Next, add 1 cup of ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream to a serving bowl and top with fruit slices, cacao nibs, and drizzle with cacao sauce.
- Add additional toppings as desired.
- Serve immediately.