While I do love a good strawberry spinach salad, the most exciting part of this recipe is learning how to make your own strawberry vinaigrette dressing. I never realized how easy it was! And this way, you don’t have to worry about any questionable ingredients in store bought dressings.
Those on a vegan diet are welcome to replace the goat cheese with quinoa or any favorite topping of choice.
|Strawberry Spinach Salad with Homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing|| |
- For salad:
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese (omit if vegan)
- 2 tbsp raw unsalted almonds, sliced
- ¼ cup apples, sliced
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- For dressing:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp warm water
- ¼ cup fresh strawberries
- Prepare dressing by combining all dressing ingredients in a blender and blending until pureed. (Make sure coconut oil is completely melted and that all other ingredients are room temperature so the oil doesn’t harden.) Set aside.
- Mix spinach, almonds, strawberries and apples in a large salad bowl.
- Toss with salad dressing until fully coated.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.