There are two foods I love more than anything in the world: ice cream and pizza. This healthy veggie flatbread pizza is one of my favorite recipes of all time because it still gives you the delicious taste and texture of pizza, but without all the carbs and calories!
You can use any type of tortilla you choose, but I strongly recommend Trader Joe’s Brown Rice tortillas. They also have a great wheat and corn flour tortilla that works well too. (I’ve tried other tortillas but they’re not nearly as tasty!)
My favorite toppings are below, but of course you’re welcome to add peppers, mushrooms, or any other healthy veggie of your choice.
|Veggie Flatbread Pizza|| |
- 1 brown rice tortilla
- 4 zucchini slices
- 4 yellow squash slices
- 6 tomato slices
- 6 baby spinach leaves
- ½ tbsp white onion, diced
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese or dairy-free mozzarella
- ¼ tsp olive oil
- Garlic powder, sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush a light layer of olive oil onto the tortilla, then season with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Top the tortilla with zucchini, squash, tomato, spinach and onion, distributing evenly.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until tortilla starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the tortilla with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for another 3-5 minutes until tortilla is crisp and cheese has melted.
- Slice into quarters.