In addition to my chocolate and coconut obsession, I also have an obsession with raspberry chocolate. It all started with Dove’s Irresistibly Raspberry ice cream, a mouthful of heaven comprised of vanilla ice cream swirled with raspberry sorbet and Dove dark chocolate. Undoubtedly the best thing I’ve ever eaten. Sadly, it was discontinued a few years ago (which is probably a good thing since it wasn’t the least bit healthy), so I’ve been trying to create a yummy raspberry chocolate combo ever since.
These measurements are only for a single serving, so feel free to make as many as you’d like! (Trust me, you’ll want more than one!)
|Raspberry Chocolate Lava Cake|| |
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 ½ tbsp liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 ½ tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 6 raspberries
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Dash of sea salt, to taste
- Blend all ingredients except raspberries in a blender until smooth.
- Place ⅓ of cake mix in a ramekin or small baking cup (I use a teacup to get the circle shape shown in this photo.)
- Microwave for about 30 seconds to firm.
- Muddle raspberries with a spoon or fork, then place on top of firmed cake mix.
- Pour ⅓ of cake mix on top of the mushed raspberries and microwave for another 30 seconds to firm, then pour the remaining cake mix on top and microwave on high for about 2 minutes (After 1 minute, the mixture may start to bubble and overflow, so you’ll want to pause the microwave every 10-20 seconds, then resume until cake is cooked all the way through. It’s okay if the middle has a bit of a gooey texture to it.)
- When the cake is finished, turn the cup over onto a plate.
- If you’d like to top cake with homemade chocolate sauce, stir 1 tsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp melted coconut oil and 1 tsp liquid sweetener together, then pour on top of cake.