Sauvignon Blanc has recently become my new favorite white wine. I’m not sure what took me so long to fall in love with it, but it really is the perfect blend between sweet and sour.
I discovered a gorgeous rainbow sangria photo on Pinterest by Gimmesomeoven (her pictures and recipes are amazing!) and I knew I had to grab a bottle of my new favorite wine and some fruit. There’s just something about a pretty, colorful drink…
I concocted these beauties during my girls weekend in Palm Springs for another summer vaca poolside drink. YUM.
I only mix the wine and the fruit, but you’re welcome to add a little sweetener, or a little soda water if you want a spritzer type of drink.
You’re also welcome to substitute raspberries for strawberries, cantaloupe for oranges, honeydew melon for kiwi and blackberries for blueberries. The fruits below are just my personal favorites.
|Rainbow Sangria|| |
- 1 bottle of chilled white wine
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sliced oranges
- 1 cup sliced pineapple
- 1 cup sliced kiwi
- 1 cup blueberries
- Layer fruit in a pitcher or wine glass, starting with blueberries, then kiwi, then pineapple, then oranges then strawberries.
- Pour the wine over the fruit.
- Chill in refrigerator for 20 minutes to let the wine absorb the flavors.
- Add ice to pitcher or wine glass before serving.