This quinoa tabbouleh recipe is a little different from your average tabbouleh because:
A) I added the option to use chopped spinach instead of parsley. (I prefer the taste.)
B) I use quinoa instead of bulgur for it’s nutritional values. (Low glycemic, gluten-free packed with fiber!)
C) I added diced cucumbers and crumbled goat cheese for added flavor. (Feel free to omit the cheese if vegan!)
You can also serve it with a side of pita chips and use it as a dip! It’s great for lunch for as an appetizer.
|Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad|| |
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 small tomato, diced
- ¼ cup cucumber, diced
- ½ cup spinach leaves or parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese (omit if vegan)
- 2 tbsp white onion, diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine ½ cup uncooked quinoa with 3-4 cups of water in a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to medium heat and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until quinoa is soft.
- Once quinoa is cooked, transfer to a bowl and stir in the vegetables, lemon juice and olive oil, then season with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Top with goat cheese if desired.