If you haven’t noticed, I have a thing for salads with nuts and fruit. Plain ole veggies just don’t do it for me anymore. The saltiness of the nuts and crumbled cheese combined with the sweetness of the fruit and dressing makes my taste buds happy.
For this pear walnut salad, I use a medley of mixed greens and a homemade honey lemon dressing that’s super easy to whip up with olive oil, lemon juice and raw honey. (You’ll want to melt the honey before mixing it, but only for about 10 seconds so it doesn’t bubble up.)
|Pear Walnut Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing|| |
- For dressing:
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp raw honey, melted
- 1 tsp olive oil
- For salad:
- 3 cups mixed greens (arugula, baby spinach and red leaf lettuce)
- 1 pear, sliced
- 3 tbsp walnuts
- 3 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- Prepare the dressing by adding all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and stirring until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the leaves, pear slices and walnuts.
- Pour the dressing over the salad mix and toss to coat.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese.