These little bite-sized protein balls are not only raw and vegan, but they only take 10 minutes to make (no baking required!) and they’re so tasty! I just made them for the first time a few weeks ago and I’ve been hooked ever since.
They’re a great pre-workout boost since they’re loaded with protein from oats, peanut butter and chia seeds. They’re also a handy on the go snack, whether you bring them in the car or for an afternoon treat at work.
|No-Bake Protein Bites|| |
- ¾ cup dry old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup semi-sweet or dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak chia seeds in 2 tbsp of water for 1 minute until they have a jelly-like substance.
- Stir all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Cover and store in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and roll mix into 1-2 inch balls with your hands.
If you’d prefer a cookie shape, you can always flatten them into no-bake chocolate chip cookies!
Just make sure to press down hard so they stay together 🙂