Chocolate + Coconut = BEST COMBINATION EVER.
Okay, so I’m slightly obsessed with chocolate and coconut. Together. Mounds bars, Almond Joy bars, chocolate macaroons, Caramel Delite girl scout cookies… you name it.
These chocolate coconut bars are not only super easy to make, but they’re raw and vegan friendly too!
I’ll also show you how to make your own raw sea salt dark chocolate with only 5 ingredients.
Optional: If you want to make an Almond Joy copycat bar, you can add almonds to the coconut mix.
|5-Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Coconut Bars|| |
- For coconut filling:
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup liquid sweetener (maple syrup, agave nectar or honey)
- For chocolate:
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp non-dairy butter
- 1 tbsp liquid sweetener
- Dash of sea salt, to taste
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine 2 cups shredded coconut, ¼ cup liquid sweetener and ¼ coconut oil together.
- Stir until coconut is completely coated.
- Roll a handful of coconut into a ball into your hands, then place on a plate lined with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Take a spoon and firmly press the coconut mix into a rectangle shape. Repeat until all the coconut mix is used up.
- Place the coconut mix in the freezer for 20-30 minutes until it has a firm texture.
- While the coconut is freezing, combine 1 cup cocoa powder, ½ cup coconut oil, ¼ cup coconut palm sugar, 1 tbsp liquid sweetener, 1 tbsp non-dairy butter and a dash of sea salt together in a separate mixing bowl.
- After coconut mix has frozen, remove from freezer, dip both sides of each coconut bar in the chocolate until it's completely covered, and repeat with each bar until chocolate is used up.
- Place back in the freezer for 5-10 minutes until chocolate has hardened.