For years, I was so excited to go out for Thai food because Thai restaurants were the only place I could order mango sticky rice for dessert. For some reason, it never occurred to me to make my own… and I never realized how easy it is!
For most mango sticky rice recipes, you have to soak the rice overnight, but if I’m making this dish, I want to eat it right away! So for this recipe, you can just cook the rice for 25 minutes and then you’re good to go.
Sticky rice can be hard to find in most grocery stores, so I use sushi rice, which is very similar and a perfect substitute for this recipe. You can also use white rice, but the cooking times will vary.
|Mango Sticky Rice|| |
- ½ cup sushi rice
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 mango, sliced
- Boil rice in 3 cups water for 25 min until soft.
- While rice is boiling, stir coconut palm sugar and coconut milk in a pan over low heat until sugar is melted.
- When rice is cooked, stir in half of the coconut milk mixture, and let it sit for 15 minutes while milk is absorbed.
- Transfer to a plate, and pour the other half of the coconut milk over the rice.
- Garnish with sliced mango.