I can’t even begin to stress the amount of healthy goodness in a green smoothie. I like to start off my mornings with this mango banana spinach smoothie, packed with fiber, protein and lots of vitamins.
I added ginger as an optional ingredient, as not everyone has a knack for spice. If you’re a ginger fan, my advice would be to boil ginger tea and keep it in the fridge for more potency.
(For instructions on how to make homemade ginger tea, click HERE.)
|Mango Banana Spinach Smoothie|| |
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- ½ sliced mango, skin removed
- ½ sliced apple, skin removed
- ½ banana
- ¼ cucumber, skin removed
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt (for a protein boost)
- 1 inch ginger knob, skin removed (for those of you who like a spicy kick)
- 1 cup ice
- Combine all ingredients except for ice in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add ice and blend until ice is crushed.