I just can’t get enough of these low-carb foods, you guys. I’m really wishing keto had become a thing a long time ago so I could’ve been enjoying guilt-free grains this whole time!
In case you missed my Keto Mac and Cheese post, I recently discovered a company by the name of THIN SLIM FOODS, who makes low-carb pasta, as well as zero net carb bread and bagels. (And let me tell you, if you’re thinking zero carb bread must taste like cardboard, you’re wrong. They’re all delicious!)
Their pasta contains 8 net carbs and is also delicious, which I’m psyched about because I can now enjoy my favorite appetizer again: pasta salad!
For this recipe, you’ll need to purchase their Impastable low-carb elbows, which cook very quickly (you’ll only need to boil for several minutes until they’re soft.)
You can use either regular mayo or vegan mayo. I’ve tried the vegan mayo from Trader Joe’s and it’s surprisingly good and tastes just like real mayo.
|Keto-Friendly Pasta Salad (With Real Low-Carb Pasta!)|| |
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- ½ cup mayo or vegan mayo
- ½ cup diced tomato
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- 3 tbsp diced red onion
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp pickle juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese, for topping
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil pasta for 2-3 minutes until soft. Strain.
- Add all ingredients except for goat cheese to a large mixing bowl and stir until pasta is completely coated.
- Season with sea salt and pepper, stir, then top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Chill in refrigerator before serving.