Spinach and artichoke dip is one of those appetizers that I always order when I’m at a restaurant, but I had never attempted to make it myself until last week.
After conducting a bit of research on different ingredients, I came up with this skinny spinach dip, which doesn’t include any mayo or sour cream (and personally, I think it tastes way better!) I also use canned artichoke hearts.
Most recipes bake the dip in the oven, but I find it much easier and quicker to cook it in a pot on a stove top.
My favorite dippers are carrots, celery, and whole wheat pita chips!
|Skinny Spinach Dip|| |
- 1 bag of spinach leaves (12 oz.)
- ½ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup light cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 4 artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp diced onion
- Garlic salt, sea salt and pepper for seasoning
- Boil spinach leaves in a pot filled with 2-3 inches of water until cooked (about 6 minutes.)
- Strain spinach and blot with paper towels to remove excess water.
- Stir spinach, onions, Greek yogurt, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and artichoke hearts in a pot over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Season with garlic powder, sea salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Top with reduced fat mozzarella cheese.
- Serve with your favorite veggie or chip of choice.