I’m always on the hunt for new healthy snack ideas, especially ones that contain minimal ingredients and no added sugar.
Behold: homemade fruit roll-ups! With only 1 ingredient required: fruit! Which means these are not only super easy to make, but they have no added sugar, and are 100% all-natural!
Now if you’d like to add a bit of sweetness, you’re welcome to add a tablespoon of honey or agave when you blend the fruit. I made these with strawberries and mangoes so far, both of which were definitely sweet enough on their own. But if you make it with raspberries or any fruit that is a bit more tart, I’d suggest sweetening it to your liking.
The only downside is that these will be in the oven for at least 3 hours, so it’s a bit time consuming to make. I’d make as many as you can in one batch to stock up.
Another thing to note is that you’ll be baking these on a plastic-lined sheet, but don’t worry about the plastic melting. The oven will be at a low temp of 170 so the plastic wrap doesn’t melt at all. The first time I made these I used parchment paper, not knowing that the fruit sticks to the paper and doesn’t peel off. (Oops!) You can also use a silicone non-stick mat as well.
Yay for healthy snacks!
|Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups|| |
- 3-4 cups fruit of choice
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees F.
- Blend fruit in a blender or food processor until pureed.
- Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap.
- Pour pureed fruit onto the plastic wrap and spread it into a ⅛ inch thick layer.
- Place in oven for about 4 hours until fruit is completely dried throughout.
- Let it cool for several minutes, then peel from plastic wrap.
- Trim edges with a pizza slicer or pair of clean scissors, then slice into 1-inch thick strips.