Yes, there is a such thing as healthy cheesecake. And as far as healthy cheesecakes go, this is as good as it gets.
Why strawberry goat cheese cheesecake is the best:
A) Goat cheese is lower in calories, fat, and dairy than cow’s milk.
B) Cheesecake contains lots of eggs. Eggs = protein = win.
C) The strawberry sauce is only made with strawberries. No refined sugar necessary.
So… eat your heart out, cheesecake lovers.
|Strawberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake|| |
- 8 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup sweetener (coconut palm sugar or agave nectar)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 strawberries
- For cheesecake: Combine goat cheese, eggs, agave, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a blender until smooth. Pour into a separate bowl.
- Combine 4 strawberries in a blender and blend until pureed.
- Line a square pan with non-stick oil (or muffin pan if you want mini cheesecakes.)
- Empty cheese cake mixture into pan, then empty strawberry mixture into pan and stir in a circular motion to create a swirl.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- For strawberry topping: Combine 10 large strawberries in a blender until smooth.
- Slice the remaining 2 strawberries into small pieces.
- Drizzle strawberry sauce on top of cake, then garnish with slices.