Did you know that you can make healthy cookie dough with chickpeas? (AKA garbanzo beans?) It sounds crazy, I know, but trust me, if you want to eat big gobs of cookie dough by the spoonful without feeling guilty, try this recipe!
Chickpeas, blended with peanut butter, sweetener and oats, and mixed with chocolate chips, tastes just like real cookie dough! (The all-natural, dairy-free version!) Not to mention, chickpeas are loaded with nutritional value. They’re packed with protein and fiber, low calorie, and contain less than a gram of sugar. I also like to roast them in the oven and season them with salt, cayenne pepper and curry powder for a tasty, crunchy snack. (Recipe here! Spicy Roasted Chickpeas)
If the inner child in you still has the urge to eat a giant bowl of cookie dough, now you can! 🙂
|Healthy Cookie Dough|| |
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp semi-sweet or dairy-free chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp oats
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sea salt, to taste
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a blender or food processor, and blend until a smooth consistency is reached. (It should have a cookie dough-like texture.)
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, season with sea salt and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Season with additional sweetener and sea salt as desired.