Greek yogurt has recently become my favorite healthy mayo substitute. For those of you who’ve read my recipe for Greek Yogurt Potato Salad, the mixture in this recipe is very similar, and you have the option to add a dollop of Vegenaise (dairy-free mayo) since the mixture is made with 90% Greek yogurt.
I recommend using gluten-free brown rice pasta for this Greek yogurt pasta salad, but feel free to use your preferred pasta of choice.
|Greek Yogurt Pasta Salad|| |
- 3 cups pasta
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp white onion, diced
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tsbp pickle juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp Vegenaise
- Boil pasta in 6 cups water until soft. Strain.
- Add Greek yogurt, mustard, olive oil, pickle juice and optional Vegenaise to a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Add tomato, onion and cucumber to mixing bowl and stir, then add pasta and stir again until pasta is completely coated.
- Season with sea salt and pepper, stir, then top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Chill in refrigerator before serving.