After arriving home from my trip to Europe last summer, my head was spinning with European-inspired recipe ideas! After tasting a delicious veggie quiche at a cafe in Amsterdam, I knew this one would be added to the list too.
Although this beautiful photo includes a crust, I’ve decided to go crustless in this recipe to create a lower calorie version.
If you want to make mini-quiches, you can use a muffin pan instead of a pie pan.
|Goat Cheese Veggie Quiche|| |
- 6 eggs
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tbsp red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp green pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp white onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of spinach leaves
- Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a pie pan (or muffin pan if you're making mini-quiches.)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions, peppers and spinach, stirring for several minutes until soft.
- Blend eggs and goat cheese in a blender.
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg mixture and onions, peppers and spinach. Season with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder and stir well.
- Pour into pie pan and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until tops of eggs are slightly brown.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.