For Valentine’s day this year, an adorable selection of fruit and yogurt parfaits were delivered to my work as a gift to all the employees. (I work for a health and fitness company where healthy products are promoted on a daily basis – even on holidays!)
We got to keep the mason jars, and I’ve been trying to think of an on-the-go recipe to use them for ever since, so I decided to create little fruit and yogurt parfaits!
I’ve noticed most parfaits are made with blueberries, but I love the combination of the sweetness of strawberries mixed with the tartness of raspberries, so I decided to combine all three. And I also added peaches as an optional ingredient.
These parfaits require very little preparation, and are a great on-the-go recipe for both adults and kids. For a healthier version you can use plain Greek Yogurt since it contains very minimal sugar and very high protein, but for a vegan version you’re welcome to use dairy-free coconut yogurt.
For the granola, I recommend using my homemade healthy granola recipe – it’s very easy to make and contains far less sugar than store-bought granola.
|Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits|| |
- 4 strawberries, chopped
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
- ½ cup homemade granola or organic, naturally sweetened granola
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Optional: 1 peach, chopped
- In a large bowl, stir yogurt and chia seeds together.
- Scoop ¼ of the yogurt mix into the bottom of two small mason jars.
- Top with a layer of fruit, then add a layer of granola.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used up.
- Serve chilled.