If you’re anything like me, then you’ve had those nights when you’ve snacked a little too much in front of the TV… and those mornings when you wake up to find a little pouch has replaced your formerly flat stomach.
(Confession: I love to snack at night. Which -I know- is the worst time to snack, because all those calories don’t burn themselves up when I’m sleeping. Which is why sharing my little detox beverage recipe with you.)
This flat belly detox water includes 4 major ingredients to help with digestion, detoxification and water weight reduction:
Unfiltered apple cider: Boosts immunity by cleansing the digestive tract and other bacteria-infested areas in the body. Reduces bloating and water weight.
Ginger: Stimulates digestion by helping the body release enzymes that break down food so that nutrients are easily absorbed. (You can read my list of all the health benefits of ginger here: The Health Benefits of Ginger.)
Lemon: Stimulates the natural enzymes in the liver, which is the body’s primary detoxing organ. (If you drink this frequently, you may want to use a straw to keep the acidic lemon from wearing away your tooth enamel.)
Cayenne pepper: Increases your body temperate and jump-starts your metabolism, which helps with weight loss. Also improves digestion and reduces bloating.
So whenever you feel bloated, constipated, or just need a good cleanse, here’s my flat-belly detox drink recipe to help flatten that tummy:
– 1 cup warm water
– 1 tsp unfiltered apple cider vinegar
– 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
– Pinch of cayenne pepper
– ½ cup ginger tea (you can either use a ginger teabag or learn how to make your own with ginger tea with ginger root here: The Health Benefits of Ginger)
– Add ginger tea to hot water and stir.
– Let cool for 5 minutes, then add lemon juice, cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar and 1 cup warm water.
– For best results, sip small amounts over a 1-2 hour period, then repeat.