Being born and raised in Boston, I hated the winters growing up. But ever since moving to California, I find myself more and more missing something I never thought I’d miss… snow!
Every year, I make it a habit to plan a winter trip. Sometimes I go back home for Thanksgiving or Christmas, other times I rent a cabin in Big Bear for the weekend. I always make sure to reserve a cabin with a fireplace, because there’s nothing I love more than curling up in front of the fire with a blanket, a book, and a warm drink.
After toying around with many spiked cocoas, hot toddys and ciders, this fireball apple cider is definitely my winter drink of choice. I made it for the first time last Thanksgiving, as my family and I were hanging around the fire in Cape Cod, and the warm apple cinnamon flavor was the perfect way to end the day. (And don’t worry ladies – it doesn’t taste anything like whiskey!)
|Fireball Apple Cider|| |
- 1 cup apple cider
- ¼ cup Fireball cinnamon whiskey
- Optional: 1 slice of apple, 1 cinnamon stick
- Heat apple cider in a saucepan or microwave, then add to coffee mug or serving glass.
- Add Fireball whiskey and stir.
- Optional: Add 1 cinnamon stick and garnish with apple slice.