This was the recipe that first introduced me to the healthiest, all-natural sugar substitute that is now one of my go-to ingredients: dates!
Years ago, I had a membership to a gym that had a vegan cafe attached to it, which was where I had my very first vegan banana date shake. I couldn’t BELIEVE how tasty it was! Like magic to my taste buds.
After perfecting the recipe at home, I decided this is by far is my favorite smoothie ever because:
A) It is ridiculously delicious.
B) It’s healthy, dairy free, and vegan-friendly. (Score!)
C) There’s no added sugar.
D) It’s super easy. (Only 4 ingredients!)
|Peanut Butter Banana Date Shake|| |
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2-3 large medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ½ banana
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Soak the dates in a pan lined with an inch or two of hot water for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Remove pits from dates, then combine dates, almond milk, banana and peanut butter in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add ice and blend again until smooth.