I have to say, my favorite thing about Paris is the CREPES. Seriously. I am in love. Crepes for breakfast, crepes for dinner, crepes for dessert. Egg and cheese crepes, fruit and Nutella crepes… there’s an acceptable crepe for every meal of the day.
Actually, I think I just love French food in general. And the entire restaurant vibe. Everywhere is so classy, cozy and modern. I could just lounge on a plush chair and sip wine all night.
The best meal I had was at the Charlie Birdy (a short walk from the Eiffel Tower) which is a supposed “pub,” but it was the nicest, fanciest pub I’ve ever visited. I got a potato pancake burger, which had 2 giant hash browns instead of bread, with a burger in between and a fried egg on top. Like serving a heart attack on a plate. Not the healthiest option, but when in Paris…
Another favorite restaurant was Cafe La Place. It had a plethora of tasty drinks, delicious French food, multi-colored plush seats and a cozy vibe.
In addition to the French food, here are some other highlights from my trip to Paris:
– Sacre Cour: The cutest place in the world! Okay, maybe not the world, but seriously. Look at this photo and tell me I don’t look like I’m a postcard. For reals.
Sacre Cour is an adorable little area with rock roads, great little shops and restaurants – the best place for souvenir shopping and if you’re looking to purchase unique items you can’t obtain in the US. And when you get to the top where the church is, it has a ridiculous view of the city.
– The Moulin Rouge: INCREDIBLE. I’m not kidding. I can’t even tell you how awesome it is. And I won’t. I want you to be surprised. Really. Go see it. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity you’ll never regret.
– Rue de la Huchette: If you like nightlife, this is the place to be. Bars, bars and more bars.
– Pere Lachaise: Being a long time fan of The Doors, seeing Jim Morrison’s grave at the Pere Lachaise cemetery was SO. DAMN. COOL. (And Oscar Wilde is there too, if you’re into him.)
– Rue du Commerce: A great street to shop if you’re looking for more high-end stores.
And of course, The Eiffel Tower Light Show is pretty cool too 🙂