This burrito bowl is one of my favorite lunch dishes, and it’s simple to throw together.
You’re welcome to use any kind of cheese for the topping. Shredded light cheddar or part-skim mozzarella are both great choices, and those on a vegan diet can use their favorite shredded dairy-free cheese of choice. (My personal favorite topping is crumbled goat cheese!)
|Burrito Bowl|| |
- ½ cup cooked rice, white or brown
- ¼ cup corn
- ¼ cup pico de gallo
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 tbsp green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp white onion, diced
- ¼ cup cheese of choice (part-skim mozzarella, light cheddar, crumbled goat or dairy-free)
- Garlic powder, sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil rice until soft.
- Add rice to a bowl and top with lettuce, onion, beans, bell pepper, corn, avocado, cheese, and pico de gallo.
- Season with garlic power, sea salt, and pepper and stir.