This burrito bowl is one of my favorite lunch dishes, and it’s so simple to throw together.
You’re welcome to use any kind of cheese for the topping. My personal favorite topping is crumbled goat cheese, but shredded light cheddar or part-skim mozzarella are both great choices, and those on a vegan diet can use their favorite shredded dairy-free cheese of choice.
|Burrito Bowl|| |
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup corn
- ¼ cup pico de gallo
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 tbsp green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp white onion, diced
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Garlic powder, sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil rice until soft.
- Add rice to a bowl and stir together with lettuce, onion, beans, bell pepper and corn.
- Season with garlic power, sea salt, and pepper and stir again.
- Top with sliced avocado, pico de gallo and cheese.