The first time I ever tried a baked brie berry bruschetta dish was about 10 years ago at the News Cafe in Miami. My friend thought it was disgusting. I thought it was life changing.
Not much has changed since then.
I try to avoid dairy products the majority of the time (as they can be difficult for our bodies to digest), but I blame the reason that my diet isn’t 100% vegan on cheese.
I love cheese.
There are some great vegan cheeses out there, but I also love real cheese. So many kinds. Mozzarella, Toscano, Goat, Gouda… the list goes on.
So when I do have my cheese fix, I generally pair it up with grilled vegetables or with fruit so I don’t feel completely guilty.
That’s where this delicious berry bruschetta comes in.
For this dish, any type of berry will do: raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or strawberries. (Or all four!)
Balsamic by itself can be a tad too bitter with the fruit, but paired with a few scoops of raw honey and it’s perfect.
For the mini-toasts, you can either cut a baguette into small slices and bake the slices into the oven for several minutes until crispy, or you can purchase a box of mini toast crisps (I used a box of Brioche toast from Trader Joe’s.)
|Berry Bruschetta with Honey Balsamic|| |
- 10 mini toast slices
- 8 oz brie cheese
- ¼ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup blueberries or sliced strawberries
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a slice of brie on each piece of toast, then top with berries.
- Bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes until brie has melted.
- While the brie bites are baking, add the balsamic and honey to a saucepan and stir over low heat until combined.
- Remove brie bites from oven and drizzle with honey balsamic.
- Serve immediately.