One of my favorite sandwiches is goat cheese and honey topped with sliced almonds. I was in the midst of adding this recipe when I started poking around the internet and came up with this apple and goat cheese bruschetta recipe that’s a million times better! (Not that the sandwich isn’t delish… this bruschetta just has a little more zest to it.)
For the bread, you can either cut a baguette into small slices and bake them into the oven for several minutes until crispy, or you can purchase a bag of mini bruschetta toast slices, or a box of mini Brioche toasts from Trader Joe’s. (That’s what I used.)
Another tasty substitute for apples is pear slices. Yum!
|Apple and Goat Cheese Bruschetta|| |
- 16 whole grain baguette slices
- 16 apple slices
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 4 medjool dates
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ⅓ cup raw sliced unsalted almonds
- Soak dates in hot water for 3 minutes until soft. Remove pit.
- Blend dates and honey in a blender or food processor until a paste forms.
- Brush a thin layer of the date paste onto each baguette slice.
- Top each baguette slice with an apple slice.
- Sprinkle each toast slice with 1 tbsp goat cheese and 1 tsp almonds.