The first time I tried this recipe, I didn’t even know what lentils were. A friend of mine served it at a get-together, and I couldn’t stop eating it.
This was also the recipe that made me fall in love with goat cheese. Most lentil dip recipes use feta cheese, but my friend had used the crumbled goat cheese from Trader Joe’s. Ever since then, I’ve been hooked.
I tend to replace feta in a lot of my recipes with goat cheese because I personally like it better. But you’re welcome to use feta if you prefer.
You can serve this hot or cold, but I like to heat it up first.
I also like to serve it with pita chips, but for a gluten free option, you can also make your own chips with brown rice tortillas. Just sprinkle some olive oil and salt on the tortillas, slice them into pieces, and bake them at 350 until they turn golden brown.
For those who don’t have a Trader Joe’s nearby, I’ve included the ounces for each ingredient so you can find similar ingredients at your local grocery store, and instructions on how to make your own bruschetta sauce.
|3-Ingredient Lentil Dip|| |
- 1 package of steamed lentils (20 oz.)
- 1 container of bruschetta sauce (14.5 oz.)
- 1 container of crumbled goat cheese (4 oz.)
- In a large bowl, combine lentils and bruschetta sauce. Stir well.
- Microwave for 3 minutes until warm.
- Top with crumbled cheese.
- Serve with a side of whole wheat pita chips or gluten-free crackers.
- For homemade bruschetta sauce: combine 4 roma tomatoes (seeded and diced), 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp chopped basil, 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, and a dash of garlic powder, sea salt and pepper in a bowl and stir until combined.