So, I’m trying the Keto diet. Which I’m sure you’ve heard of, since it’s all the rage right now. (If you haven’t, the short version is that it focuses on a high fat, low carb diet so that you’re body burns fat.)
The real reason I’m trying it isn’t because I’m trying to lose weight, but because I’m trying to find snacks that are lower in carbs since I LOVE carbs.
I have to say, in this keto-crazed fad we’re in, I’ve actually found some amazing healthy yummy food. Including low carb CEREAL. And BAGELS. And BREAD. YOU GUYS. I can eat all of these again… and not feel guilty!
Without further ado, here is a list of my top 10 best Keto-friendly brands, for those of you looking for guilt-free treats also.
1. Thin Slims Foods: This company is the Holy Grail of Keto. They have zero net carb bread and bagels, and they’re delicious! They also have keto-friendly pasta that is only 9 net carbs per servings (and also delicious.) They have other treats too but I have a sensitivity to sugar alcohols so I have to limit my intake (I did try their brownies but wasn’t crazy about them.) I also tried Outer Aisle cauliflower bread but Thin Slim Foods bread is much better and has the taste and texture of real bread!
2. Quest Cookies and Chips: Quest makes protein chips of all flavors (I tried the nacho cheese which tasted just like Doritos) and each bag contains about 18 grams of protein and only 4 net carbs. I also tried the chocolate chip protein cookie which was also super yummy and contains 4 net carbs and less than one gram of sugar.
The best place to find these is at your local vitamin store. I buy mine at The Vitamin Shoppe because they have a huge variety. And you can use the Wikibuy coupon code for 10% off! https://wikibuy.com/s/vitaminshoppe.com/coupon
3. Lily’s chocolate: This chocolate is stevia sweetened and has less than 1 gram of sugar, and tastes amazing! Usually stevia-sweetened snacks don’t taste especially great, but these are the only ones I’ve found so far that taste like real chocolate. It comes in different flavored bars (almond, coconut, puffed rice, regular dark chocolate) as well as chocolate chips. You can find it at Whole Foods or online.
4. Keto Donuts: I had a donut craving one week and after doing a lot of research, I found a bakery on Etsy of all places called Delicious Low Carb that makes Keto donuts! The chocolate and coconut donuts were delish!
5. Magic Spoon: Ever since I was a kid, my favorite snack was always cereal. I stopped eating it as an adult because the excessive carbs always made me bloat, and I’m so happy I can eat it again! I’ve tried a lot of the keto cereal brands and Magic Spoon is my favorite.
Magic Spoon comes in 4 flavors: Cocoa (tastes like Cocoa Puffs), Cinnamon (similar to Cinnamon Toast Crunch), Fruity (like Fruit Pebbles) and Frosted (which I don’t know how to describe – it kind of reminds me of Carnation Instant Breakfast if you guys remember that.) They come in boxes of 4 and you can order a variety pack of all 4 or 4 of the same flavor. It’s pricey ($35 for 4 boxes if you subscribe, $39 if you do a one-time purchase) but you can use code SKINNYCHICKSCOOKBOOK to get free shipping if you do a one-time purchase!
Honorable mentions: I also love The Cereal School’s peanut butter flavor!
And Catalina Crunch tastes like Golden Grahams! You can use code SKINNYCHICK_10 for 10% off your entire order on their site.
6. Halo Top Pops: The reason I reference the popsicles instead of the pints is because of my sensitivity to sugar alcohols. A pint of Halo Top contain about 20 sugar alcohols, which really upsets my stomach. But the pops only contain 1 gram per popsicle. I’m also going to go broke buying these since I love ice cream (especially the Mint Chip flavor!) but the Ibotta app is doing a deal right now, and also the grocery stores keeps giving me coupons since they’re new so you should check them out now while the promotions are going on! Most grocery stores have them in stock, but if not, you can order them on the Halo Top website (but they’re much more expensive online.)
Honorable mention: Wink Frozen Desserts have a great dark chocolate flavored ice cream. I’ve tried all of their flavors, but the chocolate is the best. They’re 100 calories a pint, keto-friendly, and made with all-natural ingredients.
7. Allulose Sweetener: Allulose is a sugar-free sweetener that tastes just like sugar! I ordered this one from Amazon and I love it. Allulose isn’t metabolized by the body, so it does not raise blood sugar or insulin levels.
Honorable mention: Anyone who is familiar with the keto diet has probably noticed that monkfruit is the key ingredient in most sweets, because it’s a natural sweetener with no carbs. Lakanto makes a sugar substitute, Monkfruit Classic, that you can find at your local Whole Foods, but it contains Erythritol, which is a sugar alcohol, so I would only recommend it for people who don’t have a sugar alcohol sensitivity.
8. Jilz Crackers: These are the only crackers I’ve found that are tasty. (I tried the cheese whisps but I thought they tasted like fried fatty cheese.) Jilz comes in various flavors (sea salt, cracked pepper, Mediterranean) and are great with sliced cheese. They’re made with seeds and almond flour and you can order them on their website, Amazon or Thrive Market.
9. Smart Sweets: For anyone who loves candy, these gummy bears only contain 3 grams of sugar per bag, and no sugar alcohols! I love to grab a bag before going to the movies. Most grocery stores stock them in the candy section.
10. Dang Bars: These keto-friendly protein bars come in a variety of flavors (lemon is my favorite, but they also have chocolate, vanilla, coconut, chai and cinnamon.) They have 9 grams of protein per bar and 5 net carbs. You can also find them at Whole Foods, online or select grocery stores.
(Also, for anyone who hasn’t tried The Keto Box yet, you can get 15% off a month-to-month subscription box by using code SKINNYCHICK. They send you a monthly box of Keto food products, and you can cancel at any time!)
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions in this post are 100% my own.